This is one of my ALLTIME favorite cookie recipes!!
I found this recipe about 3 years ago... The recipe was not gluten free though so I made some modificcations to it so that it would fit our "gluten friendly" lifestyle! I also started making these cookies with a yummy maple buttercream frosting. Soooo good!!!
Things you will need for the GF cookies:
- large bowl
- spoon for mixing
- greased pans, or parchment paper, cookie sheets
- 1 cup butter, softened (i use organic butter)
- 1 cup brown sugar (i use organic brown sugar)
- 1/2 cup white sugar ( i use organic sugar in the raw)
- 2 eggs (mike and I have chickens, so we get farm fresh eggs)
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla extract (organic kind with no added artificail ing.)
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour (I use bobs red mill gluten free flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats (I use gluten free bobs red mill)
- 1 cup chocolate chips ( i like to use a gluten free, non sweetened kind)
Directions: Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
In your large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth.
Then add in the eggs. Stir in the vanilla. Next, add the flour and stir until mixed together. Then add the salt and baking soda.Stir everything together until just blended. Mix in the oats and then the chocolate chips!
Then cook em for 12 minutes!!
For the Maple Buttercream (which is optional) you'll need:
- large bowl
- an electric mixer
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
Directions:Place softened butter in a large bowl. Beat with electric mixer for 30-40 seconds until whipped. Add the powdered sugar into the bowl. Beat with mixer until the sugar and butter are whipped together completely. Then add the brown sugar and maple syrup. Mix until everything is blended together evenly.
Then add food coloring if you want for a nice touch... And spread the frosting over the cookies and enjoy!
NOTE: the cookies are super super sweet with the fristing on top, so if you aren't used to eating sweets, I would recommend not using the frosting.
What are some of your favorite recipes? I am a sweet tooth and LOVE desserts!!